Founded in 1988 with the idea that professional client service provided by knowledgeable, caring, and passionate people makes for a winning combination, Insurance Office of America has grown into a family of companies anchored by one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. Whether working at our home office in suburban Orlando, Florida, one of our branch offices across the US and London, or with one of our subsidiary companies, the continued growth of our nearly 1,000 employees is a testament to our belief that great things start with great people!
At IOA, we’re driven by our mission and core values. We work hard, but we have fun too. Workplace ideals like leading by serving, work/family life balance, and giving back to our community aren’t just clichés here – they’re a part of who we are. We believe in helping people grow, develop and achieve their professional goals, so when you join the IOA team you truly become a partner in our shared success.
Some Great Reasons to Work at our Company…
- Competitive salaries and bonus earning potential
- Great benefits, including company paid health insurance
- Paid time off for holidays, vacations, and sick time
- 401K with employer match
- Participation in employee stock plan
- Opportunities for professional growth and career progression
- Company commitment to work/family life balance and community service
- Teammates who share your drive for excellence
- Knowing every day you are helping our clients protect their families and businesses
We’re looking for an experienced, licensed Claims Advocate to join our Pleasanton, California branch team.
Claims Advocate job duties include:
- Delivers outstanding client service at all times, including proactively anticipating client needs, maintaining frequent and professional client communication, and responding quickly to any service requests.
- Develops and maintains positive relationships and communication with carriers necessary to effectively negotiate and influence positive claim outcomes on behalf of clients.
- Develops and maintains positive, productive relationships with IOA leadership, peers, co-workers, teammates, and employees.
- Aggressively manages any problem claims to ensure timely resolution and optimize outcomes.
- Monitors triggered activities on an ongoing basis, and identifies and executes appropriate courses of action to ensure resolution.
- Serves as intermediary between clients and carriers, working to facilitate mutually beneficial claims resolutions.
- Lives and champions company core values at all times, demonstrating the highest levels of personal character, integrity, and servant leadership.
- Regularly exercises discretion and independent judgment on significant accounts including but not limited to reviewing claims with the handling adjuster and make recommendations for handling and concluding
- Prepare and discuss claim reviews with clients and carriers
- Devise creative solutions to meet client needs
- Develop and maintain positive, productive relationships with agents, leadership, peers, co-workers, and teammates
Qualified candidates will have:
- 5+ years of claims handling experience
- Multi – Line Licensed Insurance Adjuster
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational, delegation and decision-making skills
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills
- PC proficiency, including MS Office
- Experience in handling California Workers Compensation claims (required) / Multi State (preferred)
- Experience in handling Auto, General Liability and Property claims (preferred)
- Knowledge of regional carriers and contacts (preferred)
If being part of a growing team committed to world-class service sounds exciting to you, please click below to apply. Any candidates meeting the qualification requirements for the Claims Advocate position will be contacted. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and has been recognized as a great place to work by Business Insurance magazine, Florida Trend, and the Orlando Sentinel.
We are a drug free workplace
To learn more, please visit us at www.ioausa.com.