Please note that only candidates with an active 2-20/P&C license and minimum 5 years of experience as a commercial lines insurance CSR or Account Manager will be considered for this position. To see all available positions at IOA, please visit our careers page at www.ioausa.com/jointheteam/search-careers.
- A licensed Commercial Lines Insurance Account Manager or CSR with at least five years of broker/agency experience?
- Looking for a company where you will be treated with respect, be appreciated for your expertise and contributions, and have the opportunity to lead others?
- Wanting to join an insurance industry leader that will invest in your professional development and help you reach your fullest potential?
- Ready to take a leap forward in your career with a company that truly cares about growing people - and not just profits?
If so, we want to hear from you!
We’re Insurance Office of America, one of the nation’s largest privately held agencies. IOA was founded in 1988 with the idea that professional client service provided by knowledgeable, caring, and passionate people makes for a winning combination. Whether working at our home office in suburban Orlando, Florida, one of our branch offices across the US and London, or with one of our subsidiary companies, the continued growth of our nearly 1,000 employees is a testament to our belief that great things start with great people!
At IOA, we’re driven by our mission and core values. We work hard, but we have fun too. Workplace ideals like leading by serving, work/family life balance, and giving back to our community aren’t just clichés here – they’re a part of who we are. We believe in helping people grow, develop and achieve their professional goals, so when you join the IOA team you truly become a partner in our shared success.
Great Reasons to Work at IOA include:
- Competitive salaries and bonus earning potential
- Great benefits, including company paid health insurance
- Paid time off for holidays, vacations, and sick time
- 401K with an employer match
- Participation in our employee stock plan
- Opportunities for professional growth and career progression
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual
- Company commitment to work/family life balance and community service
- Teammates who share your drive for excellence
- Knowing every day you are helping our clients protect their families and businesses
We’re looking for an experienced, licensed Commercial Lines Insurance Manager to join our San Diego, California branch team.
Commercial Lines Account Manager success factors include:
- Directly manages W-2 operations staff within the sub-Region, including communicating expectations, monitoring individual employee performance, coaching and counseling, and taking appropriate corrective actions as needed.
- Serves as primary front-line Human Resource manager for branch, working with operational and sales personnel to ensure all HR processes, policies, and procedures are followed and administrative requirements met.
- Serves as a subject matter expert in book management and may spend 25% of time as Account Manager for an assigned book of business, meeting all performance expectations regarding production, quality, and service associated with that book.
- Develops, implements, improves, and ensures compliance with core work processes throughout branch, including identifying and adopting best practices.
- Builds, directs and manages a highly qualified operations team within sub-Region, and actively deploys manpower to ensure work volumes are accomplished effectively and efficiently.
- Effectively drives implementation of annual short and mid-term strategic and tactical plans established by Regional President and necessary to achieve identified sub-Region/Region goals and objectives and consistent with Company strategy.
- Actively manages sub-Region level P&L provided by Regional President, ensuring assigned direct and indirect costs are controlled and annual financial goals are achieved.
- Understands and manages to annual budget for sub-Region.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 5+ years of wide-ranging industry experience and knowledge
- 2+ years of management experience
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills
- All required licensing
- Exceptional Account Management skills (may spend 25% of time managing book)
- Demonstrated outstanding people management skills
- Negotiation skills
- PC proficiency, including MS Office
- Exceptional personal character, including a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to assist others at all times
- TRAVEL: Job typically requires 20% travel as a percentage of work time (Ontario, CA, Las Vegas, NV, Tucson, AZ)
If you're ready to take a leap forward in your career, please click below to apply. Any candidates meeting the qualification requirements for the Account Manager position will be contacted. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and has been recognized as a great place to work by Business Insurance magazine, Florida Trend, and the Orlando Sentinel.
To learn more, please visit us at www.ioausa.com.