- A successful, enthusiastic, and creative meeting and event planner with experience managing professional meetings and producing corporate events from conception?
- Do you have experience in sports-related marketing?
- Looking for a company where you will be treated with respect, be appreciated for your expertise and contributions, and have the opportunity to lead others?
- Wanting to join an insurance industry leader that will invest in your professional development and help you reach your fullest potential?
- Ready to take a leap forward in your career with a company that truly cares about growing people - and not just profits?
If so, we want to hear from you!
We’re Insurance Office of America, one of the nation’s largest privately held agencies. IOA was founded in 1988 with the idea that professional client service provided by knowledgeable, caring, and passionate people makes for a winning combination. Whether working at our home office in suburban Orlando, Florida, one of our branch offices across the US and London, or with one of our subsidiary companies, the continued growth of our nearly 1,000 employees is a testament to our belief that great things start with great people!
At IOA, we’re driven by our mission and core values. We work hard, but we have fun too. Workplace ideals like leading by serving, work/family life balance, and giving back to our community aren’t just clichés here – they’re a part of who we are. We believe in helping people grow, develop and achieve their professional goals, so when you join the IOA team you truly become a partner in our shared success.
Great Reasons to Work at IOA include:
- Competitive salaries and bonus earning potential
- Great benefits, including company paid health insurance
- Paid time off for holidays, vacations, and sick time
- 401K with an employer match
- Participation in our employee stock plan
- Opportunities for professional growth and career progression
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual
- Company commitment to work/family life balance and community service
- Teammates who share your drive for excellence
- Knowing every day you are helping our clients protect their families and businesses
We’re looking for an experienced Meeting & Event Planner to join our Longwood, Florida branch team!
Meeting & Event Planner success factors include:
- Provides consultative and project management services for all components of enterprise events from inception to completion.
- Collaborates with event stakeholders and key decision-makers to clearly identify and establish event objectives, needs, and communication guidelines for project updating and event budgeting.
- Communicates clearly and frequently with event stakeholders and key decision-makers to provide timely and ongoing event updates [before, during, and after] to insure event expectations and goals are being met.
- Coordinates vendor and carrier event sponsorships.
- Identifies and recommends appropriate venues, locations, and vendors based on event-specific needs and objectives.
- Negotiates favorable pricing and contracts with event venues/vendors for all needed items, including attendee rooms, food/beverage, meeting space, A/V equipment/services, and attendee travel and logistics.
- Provides coordination and management to ensure successful real-time execution during each event, including sufficiency of facilities and food, quality and availability of materials, presence of clear signage, direction of staff, and set-up/implementation of vendor trade shows.
- Reviews all event expenses for accuracy, reconciles any discrepancies before submission of invoices to the appropriate parties for approval and payment.
- Conducts post-mortems with event stakeholders to evaluate the success of each event, including soliciting attendee feedback and coordinating any post-event communications.
- Lives and champions IOA core values at all times, demonstrating the highest levels of personal character, integrity, and servant leadership.
Qualified candidates will have:
- Proven experience as an events planner or organizer
- Professional presence in dealing with people internally and in the community
- Excellent time management, verbal communication, and written communication skills
- Sales skills and ability to build productive business relationships
- Ability to manage multiple projects independently and make appropriate decisions
- Ability to create and implement professional marketing programs and materials
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time
- Must be outgoing, creative, and team oriented
- Must be able to maintain a high level of focus and be detail orientated
- Must be proficient in MS Office
- Willing to submit references from previous clients
- Proficiency in Adobe Illustrator preferred
- BS in event management or related field preferred
- Certified Meeting Planner (CMP) designation preferred
- Cvent Experience a plus
If you're ready to take a leap forward in your career, please click below to apply. Any candidates meeting the qualification requirements for the Meeting & Event Planner position will be contacted. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and has been recognized as a great place to work by Business Insurance magazine, Florida Trend, and the Orlando Sentinel.
To learn more, please visit us at www.ioausa.com.