- An Accounting Representative with at least 1 year of public or private industry experience?
- Looking for a company where you will be treated with respect, be appreciated for your expertise and contributions, and have the opportunity to lead others?
- Wanting to join an insurance industry leader that will invest in your professional development and help you reach your fullest potential?
- Ready to take a leap forward in your career with a company that truly cares about growing people - and not just profits?
If so, we want to hear from you!
We’re Insurance Office of America, one of the nation’s largest privately held agencies. IOA was founded in 1988 with the idea that professional client service provided by knowledgeable, caring, and passionate people makes for a winning combination. Whether working at our home office in suburban Orlando, Florida, one of our branch offices across the US and London, or with one of our subsidiary companies, the continued growth of our nearly 1,000 employees is a testament to our belief that great things start with great people!
At IOA, we’re driven by our mission and core values. We work hard, but we have fun too. Workplace ideals like leading by serving, work/family life balance, and giving back to our community aren’t just clichés here – they’re a part of who we are. We believe in helping people grow, develop and achieve their professional goals, so when you join the IOA team you truly become a partner in our shared success.
Great Reasons to Work at IOA include:
- Competitive salaries and bonus earning potential
- Great benefits, including company paid health insurance
- Paid time off for holidays, vacations, and sick time
- 401K with an employer match
- Participation in our employee stock plan
- Opportunities for professional growth and career progression
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual
- Company commitment to work/family life balance and community service
- Teammates who share your drive for excellence
- Knowing every day you are helping our clients protect their families and businesses
We’re looking for an experienced Accounting Representative to join our Longwood, Florida branch team!
Accounting Representative success factors include:
- Effectively reconciles insurance carrier and broker payable transactions against cash receipts or premium financing
- Ensures timely processing of insurance carrier and broker payments
- Works closely with internal operations to resolve billing issues
- Manages internal check requests, including but not limited to, payments to insureds for returned premiums, unique carrier funding transactions or payments to premium financing partners
- Researches and resolves open insurance payable transactions to ensure a proper AP aging
- Assists with other transactional insurance items as requested, such as surplus lines tax or accounts receivable items
- Lives and champions IOA core values at all times, demonstrating the highest levels of personal character, integrity, and servant leadership.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 1-2 years Accounts Payable experience required
- High School diploma (some college accounting courses preferred)
- Proficient in one or more Accounts Payable systems
- Proficient in Excel, use of pivot tables and vlookups a plus
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational, delegation and decision-making skills
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills
- Experience with the insurance industry a plus
- Exceptional personal character, including a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to assist others at all times
If you're ready to take a leap forward in your career, please click below to apply. Any candidates meeting the qualification requirements for the Accounting Representative position will be contacted. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and has been recognized as a great place to work by Business Insurance magazine, Florida Trend, and the Orlando Sentinel.
To learn more, please visit us at www.ioausa.com.