Founded in 1988 with the idea that professional client service provided by knowledgeable, caring, and passionate people makes for a winning combination, Insurance Office of America has grown into a family of companies anchored by one of the nation’s largest privately held insurance brokerages. Whether working at our home office in suburban Orlando, Florida, one of our branch offices across the US and London, or with one of our subsidiary companies, the continued growth of our nearly 1,000 employees is a testament to our belief that great things start with great people!
At IOA, we’re driven by our mission and core values. We work hard, but we have fun too. Workplace ideals like leading by serving, work/family life balance, and giving back to our community aren’t just clichés here – they’re a part of who we are. We believe in helping people grow, develop and achieve their professional goals, so when you join the IOA team you truly become a partner in our shared success.
Some Great Reasons to Work at our Company…
- Competitive salaries and bonus earning potential
- Great benefits, including company paid health insurance
- Paid time off for holidays, vacations, and sick time
- 401K with employer match
- Participation in employee stock plan
- Opportunities for professional growth and career progression
- Company commitment to work/family life balance and community service
- Teammates who share your drive for excellence
- Knowing every day you are helping our clients protect their families and businesses
We’re looking for an experienced, licensed Commercial Lines Account Executive & Operations Team Leader to join our Atlanta, GA branch team!
Responsible for directing day-to-day activities of an assigned Account Team, including: Assigning tasks and managing work-flows; monitoring team performance; scheduling; assisting with human resource management, including hiring and coaching; training support; team development; team communication and support; personally serving as Account Executive for an assigned book of business.
- Lives and champions Company core values at all times, demonstrating the highest levels of personal character, integrity, and servant leadership.
- Directs day-to-day activities and work flow of assigned Account Management team members.
- Acts as Account Management subject matter expert for assigned team, answering questions, providing support, and assisting with developing solutions to problems.
- Monitors team performance to ensure productivity, efficiency, quality, and service standards are met, recommending corrective actions to operations management staff when appropriate.
- Participates in new employee selection process, including interviewing and making hiring recommendations.
- Proactively recognizes positive and negative team performance trends and provides frequent coaching, consultation, encouragement, and praise.
- Actively promotes Company culture and a positive work environment at all times, including initiation of and participation in team building and other activities to continuously improve employee engagement.
- Works effectively with 1099 sales personnel, seeking input and developing win-win solutions to any operations-related process, service, quality, or personnel issues.
- Spends 80% of time as Account Manager for an assigned book of business, and meets all performance expectations regarding production, quality, and service associated with that book.
Qualified Candidates Will Have:
- 10+ years of industry experience, with a deep, wide-ranging industry knowledge
- 2+ years of experience leading a team
- All required active licensing (2-20)
- Exceptional Account Management skills, spending 80% of time managing book
- Excellent multi-tasking, organizational, delegation and decision-making skills
- Outstanding verbal/written communications skills
- PC proficiency, including MS Office
- Exceptional personal character, including a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to assist others at all times
Travel may be required for orientation and training.
If being part of a growing team committed to world-class service sounds exciting to you, please click below to apply. Any candidates meeting the qualification requirements for the Account Executive & Operations Team Leader position will be contacted. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and has been recognized as a great place to work by Business Insurance magazine, Florida Trend, and the Orlando Sentinel.
IOA is a Drug Free Workplace
To learn more, please visit us at www.ioausa.com.