- An Operations Supervisor or Account Manager with at least two years of deep, wide-ranging broker/agency experience with medical malpractice?
- Looking for a company where you will be treated with respect, be appreciated for your expertise and contributions, and have the opportunity to lead others?
- Wanting to join an insurance industry leader that will invest in your professional development and help you reach your fullest potential?
- Ready to take a leap forward in your career with a company that truly cares about growing people - and not just profits?
If so, we want to hear from you!
We’re Insurance Office of America, one of the nation’s largest privately held agencies. IOA was founded in 1988 with the idea that professional client service provided by knowledgeable, caring, and passionate people makes for a winning combination. Whether working at our home office in suburban Orlando, Florida, one of our branch offices across the US and London, or with one of our subsidiary companies, the continued growth of our nearly 1,000 employees is a testament to our belief that great things start with great people!
At IOA, we’re driven by our mission and core values. We work hard, but we have fun too. Workplace ideals like leading by serving, work/family life balance, and giving back to our community aren’t just clichés here – they’re a part of who we are. We believe in helping people grow, develop and achieve their professional goals, so when you join the IOA team you truly become a partner in our shared success.
Great Reasons to Work at IOA include:
- Competitive salaries and bonus earning potential
- Great benefits, including company paid health insurance
- Paid time off for holidays, vacations, and sick time
- 401K with an employer match
- Participation in our employee stock plan
- Opportunities for professional growth and career progression
- A culture that emphasizes respect for every individual
- Company commitment to work/family life balance and community service
- Teammates who share your drive for excellence
- Knowing every day you are helping our clients protect their families and businesses
We’re looking for an experienced, licensed Branch Operations Supervisor to join our Houston, TX branch team!
Branch Operations Supervisor success factors include:
- Lives and champions IOA core values at all times, demonstrating the highest levels of personal character, integrity, and servant leadership.
- Directly manages Account Management staff within the branch, including communicating expectations, monitoring individual employee performance, coaching and counseling, and taking appropriate corrective actions as needed.
- Serves as primary front-line Human Resource manager for staff, ensuring all HR processes, policies, and procedures are followed and administrative requirements met.
- Monitors staff performance to ensure productivity, efficiency, quality, and service standards are met, taking corrective actions as needed.
- Manages staff days off calendars to ensure service continuity.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels necessary to meet all operational and service goals, and recommends adjustments as needed.
- Participates in new employee selection process, including interviewing and making hiring recommendations.
- Prepares and delivers staff performance evaluations accurately and within required timeframes.
- Proactively recognizes positive and negative staff performance trends and provides frequent coaching, consultation, encouragement, and praise.
- Provides initial/new hire and ongoing staff training.
- Encourages ongoing growth and professional development of all operations personnel within branch.
- Develops the next generation of branch operations leadership, including identifying and preparing succession candidates for Operations Supervisor roles.
- Actively promotes IOA culture at all times, including initiation of and participation in staff level team building and other activities to continuously improve employee engagement.
- Quickly identifies gaps and shortfalls in staff performance and proactively develops, communicates, and implements corrective actions to be taken.
- Continuously monitors and interprets staff performance data and reports (KPIs), and takes appropriate actions based on conclusions.
- Maintains frequent and transparent communication regarding staff performance and activities with branch operations leadership team.
- Develops, implements, improves, and ensures staff compliance with core work processes, including identifying and adopting best practices.
- Leads implementation and enforcement all company work rules, standards, and policies and procedures among staff.
- Maintains high degree of technical competence and industry/market expertise.
- Ensures management/leadership skills are continuously improved by actively participating in internal/external professional development opportunities.
- Develops and maintains positive, productive relationships with IOA leadership, peers, co-workers, and employees.
Qualified candidates will have:
- 2+ years of industry experience, with deep, wide-ranging industry knowledge (medical malpractice preferred)
- All required active licensing
- Outstanding verbal/written communication skills
- PC proficiency
- Exceptional personal character, including a strong work ethic, positive attitude, and willingness to assist others at all times
If you're ready to take a leap forward in your career, please click below to apply. Any candidates meeting the qualification requirements for the Branch Operations Supervisor position will be contacted. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
IOA is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and has been recognized as a great place to work by Business Insurance magazine, Florida Trend, and the Orlando Sentinel.
To learn more, please visit us at www.ioausa.com.